Board Member Application
YWCA Northeastern NY is now accepting applications for diverse, women-focused, community driven individuals to join our board.
YWCA NorthEastern New York is a Schenectady based community agency dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The YW Board of Director’s are invested in supporting the mission, as the oldest and largest women’s organization in the world, and registering their commitment to uplift the economic, social, physical and psychological development of women and their families. Being a part of the board of directors affords you an opportunity to build a stronger community and take part in various YWCA programs, events and initiatives.
If you are interested in applying to become a member of our board, please fill out the application below. We will be accepting applications until March 15th, 2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF YWCA
NORTHEASTERN NEW YORK:
- Support the YWCA NENY at a financial level that is meaningful to you.
- Attend Board meetings, committee meetings and special meetings as
- Understand the goals and objectives as outlined in the Strategic Plan
of the organization
- Join and follow the YWCA NENY on social media and through their
- Participate fully and openly in meetings, and stay informed about
agency operations and business
- Contribute time, expertise, and resources
- Serve on committees and accept special assignments as requested
- Recruit others to serve on the Board of Directors
- Promote the YWCA NorthEastern New York in the community and
serve as an ambassador for the organization
- Align with the YW’s mission, priorities and tenets.
YWCA NorthEastern NY 2022 Board Member applications are closed. Thank you to all who applied, we will be in touch.