Our goal for Women’s History Month is to raise $15,000 to benefit the continuation and growth of our programs and services in Schenectady including:
- Providing safe shelter and support to survivors of domestic violence, their families, and pets
- Providing safe and affordable housing with wrap-around support services for women (trans-inclusive)
- Providing and expanding our economic empowerment, career readiness, and workforce development to women (trans-inclusive) and support female entrepreneurs.
- Providing domestic violence and teen dating advocacy to individuals and families in need
- Providing accredited early learning education to children ages 6-weeks to 5 years
- Providing violence prevention programs to families, teens, and youth in our community
- Expand to offer education around diversity, equity, and inclusion to community members
- Provide a safe space for support groups specifically offered to support communities of color.
- Expand to support increased access to higher education and resources available to underrepresented communities
A very generous anonymous donor has offered to match the first $5,000 giving us an opportunity to raise $20,000 to help others in our community!
Online donations can be made below, or checks can be mailed to:
YWCA NorthEastern NY
44 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12305
If you would like to donate items, please email our donation coordinator in order to assess whether we currently have a need for such items, or click here to view our wish list.
Thank you so much for your support.
Attention GE Employees: Call in your donation to the GE Foundation
You can do this by calling 1-800-305-0669 or by going to their website – click the button below to get started. Gifts must be a tax deductible contribution of $25 or more, paid to the organization directly. A gift made within the calendar year must be registered by the following January 31st in order to get matching funds from GE. Please refer to us as YWCA of Schenectady in your contact with the GE Foundation. Every matching fund is important to us. If you forget, we miss out on those important funds.
Please call Lauren Trunko, Chief Development Officer, at 518.374.3394 x 105 if you have any questions.
When you donate to
YWCA NorthEastern NY, you lift up ALL people.
Strong alone, fearless together. Individuals and families in our community face very real challenges every day. YOU, along with the YWCA NENY programs, services, and team, are critical to our mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Stand with us against the racism, domestic violence, homelessness, and inequity that have impacted underserved individuals in our community for decades. Your annual or monthly gift ensures that we can continue to provide essential services to 7,000+ community members who depend on us each year. THANK YOU for being an ally and supporting this work.