Download YWCA NENY Employment Application (.doc)
Or Right/Option Click link and select Save Link As
Please e-mail application, cover letter and resume to Kathy Fernandez, Human Resource Director:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
YWCA NorthEastern NY
ATTN: YWCA Employment
44 Washington Ave.
Schenectady, NY 12305
If your group is interested in volunteering, please download the Group Volunteer Application (.doc).
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Click on the job title for more information.
Responsible for indoor and outdoor property maintenance of multiple YWCA NENY sites.
Non-Exempt, Full-Time, 40 Hours per week
- Provide daily cleaning services, including common areas, bathrooms, hallways, and other indoor spaces. Re-stock paper towels, soap, and toilet paper.
- Assist with apartment and room turnovers, including moving furniture, cleaning, and painting.
- Utilize basic plumbing and electrical skills and tools needed for repairs such as changing outlets, light fixtures, sinks, toilets, thermostats. Able to complete repairs independently and effectively.
- Respond to YWCA client maintenance requests and complete work in a timely fashion.
- Provide outdoor grounds maintenance such as mowing, weeding, trimming, raking, and trash pickup.
- Provide snow removal, including shoveling, salting, and using a snow-blower.
- Provide outdoor building cleaning such as power-washing and painting.
- Participate in staff trainings/meetings and contribute to ongoing program evaluation.
- Substitute as necessary to cover shifts; participate in On-Call rotation.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate work.
- Use basic computer skills with email, Internet use, and computer time clock system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma/GED required; six months or more of property maintenance experience or similar position. Experience working with professional cleaning and maintenance equipment, including electrical/power tools (such as drills, saws, hammers, screwdrivers, nail guns, and similar tools) gas mower, trimmer, snow-blower, commercial mops and vacuums.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, including carrying a backpack vacuum
- Able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Able to work with cleaning solvents, paint, and cleaning chemicals
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina needed for this work
- Frequent bending, pushing, lifting, twisting, kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders and stairs
- Driving required
- Criminal Background check and clean NYS Driver’s license. Ability to use own vehicle during work hours.