Thank you for your interest in donating to YWCA NorthEastern NY!
While we appreciate your donations, we are unable to accept all items. Please look over the items we do accept and follow the guidelines below. To make an item donation, call or email Kyla at 518.374.3394 x123 or [email protected] to schedule a drop-off time.
Unfortunately, we are NOT accepting clothing donations at this time.
● Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Price Chopper, etc.)
● Cell Phones, iPads & iPods – Working phones will be used for 911 access. Older/non-working cell phones, iPads, & iPods, are recycled through the Shelter Alliance Program. Drop off all phones at YWCA NENY’s front desk, with your child’s teacher, or with any of the advocates.
● Postage Stamps
● Phone Cards
● Bedding (twin only)
● Non-perishable food items (coffee, tea, tuna fish, peanut butter, soup, etc.)
● Kitchen items (paring knives, spatulas & other kitchen utensils; pots and pans with lids; dish towels and dish detergent)
● Towels, hand towels and washcloths
● Laundry detergent & dryer sheets
● Warm socks & gloves
● Toiletries: deodorant & razors
● Rubbermaid/plastic containers
● Bus Tokens
Due to NYS Department of Health regulations we can only accept the following in brand NEW condition:
● Bathing Suits
● Booster Seats
● High Chairs
Due to limited storage space, please call to see if the following items are needed:
● Household items (working condition)
We are not accepting
● Car seats
● Over-the-counter medications
● May be deposited in the blue collection box located in our parking lot
Please do not leave donations outside our building — the disposal costs are very high.
YWCA NorthEastern NY once again thanks you for your generosity!
Attention GE Matching Donors:
Call in Your Donation to the GE Foundation
You can do this by calling 1-800-305-0669 or by going to their website: www.gefoundation.com/matchinggifts. Gifts must be a tax deductible contribution of $25 or more, paid to the organization directly. A gift made within the calendar year must be registered by the following January 31st in order to get matching funds from GE. Please refer to us as YWCA of Schenectady in your contact with the GE Foundation. Every matching fund is important to us. If you forget, we miss out on those important funds.
Please call Kindra McHale at 518.374.3394 x 105 if you have any questions.