UPDATE: As of 12/14/21, we are taking a pause on ALL item donations.
Due to an amazing influx of community support during 2021, we are putting a temporary pause on in-kind donations as we work to sort and store what has already been given. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thank you for your interest in donating to YWCA NorthEastern NY!
While we appreciate your donations, we are unable to accept all items. Please look over the items we do accept and follow the guidelines below.
All donations must be scheduled– we can no longer accept walk-ins. To schedule an item donation, please click here to email Charlene Holmes, Associate Director of Development. Charlene will screen your donation and determine whether we have a current need for the items.
Unfortunately, we are NOT accepting clothing donations at this time.
● Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Price Chopper, etc.)
● Cell Phones, iPads & iPods – Working phones will be used for 911 access. Older/non-working cell phones, iPads, & iPods, are recycled through the Shelter Alliance Program. Drop off all phones at YWCA NENY’s front desk, with your child’s teacher, or with any of the advocates.
● Postage Stamps
● Phone Cards
● Bedding (twin only)
● Non-perishable food items (coffee, tea, tuna fish, peanut butter, soup, etc.)
● Kitchen items (paring knives, spatulas & other kitchen utensils; pots and pans with lids; dish towels and dish detergent)
● Towels, hand towels and washcloths
● Laundry detergent & dryer sheets
● Warm socks & gloves
● Toiletries: deodorant & razors
● Rubbermaid/plastic containers
● Bus Tokens
Due to NYS Department of Health regulations we can only accept the following in brand NEW condition:
● Bathing Suits
● Booster Seats
● High Chairs
Due to limited storage space, please call to see if the following items can be accepted:
● Household items (working condition)
We are not accepting:
● Car seats
● Over-the-counter medications
● May be deposited in the blue collection box located in our parking lot
Please do not leave donations outside our building — the disposal costs are very high.
YWCA NorthEastern NY once again thanks you for your generosity!