***YWCA UPDATE – SUPPORT REQUESTED during COVID-10 CORONAVIRUS***
We are so grateful to be part of a generous community. As we continue to navigate daily operations to best support our clients, we wanted to answer questions from community members about how they can support us. Here are a few ways you can help:
– Current needs vary from program to program – please CLICK HERE to send an email to find out what items are currently needed;
– Due to overwhelming community support, we are not able to accept any clothing at this time; the only exception to this at this time includes winter coats, hats, gloves, mittens, and scarves; we can also accept warm blankets (we request that any gently used items that are donated please be clean/recently laundered);
– If you’d like to make a monetary donation to support our programs and services, please visit www.ywca-neny.org/donate to securely donate online.
Because our building is closed to visitors, we ask that you set up a specific time to drop off items so we can make the necessary arrangements. Please CLICK HERE to send an email to make arrangements or with any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
***Please note that we are currently unable to accept any donations except for the items listed above. Thank you for your patience and understanding.***
YWCA NorthEastern New York needs your help to continue the important work of eliminating racism and empowering women in our community. YWCA NENY achieves this mission through its programming, including comprehensive domestic violence services for victims, safe affordable housing for single women, and high-quality accredited Early Learning education for children 0-5 years of age.
Your gift will help support YWCA programs that promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for nearly 7,000 women, girls and their families.
Your generosity enables YWCA NENY to fund:
Gifts of any and every size make a tremendous difference!The donation you make today will help change the lives of women, girls, & their families for many tomorrows to come.
Attention GE Matching Donors:
Call in Your Donation to the GE Foundation
You can do this by calling 1-800-305-0669 or by going to their website: www.gefoundation.com/matchinggifts. Gifts must be a tax deductible contribution of $25 or more, paid to the organization directly. A gift made within the calendar year must be registered by the following January 31st in order to get matching funds from GE. Please refer to us as YWCA of Schenectady in your contact with the GE Foundation. Every matching fund is important to us. If you forget, we miss out on those important funds.
Please call Kindra McHale at 518.374.3394 ext. 105
While YWCA NENY appreciates your donations, we are unfortunately unable to accept all items. If you are interested in donating to the YWCA NorthEastern NY please follow the guidelines below.
- Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Price Chopper, etc.)
- Cell Phones, iPads & iPods – Working phones will be used for 911 access. Older/non-working cell phones, iPads, & iPods, are recycled through the Shelter Alliance Program. Drop off all phones at YWCA NENY’s front desk, with your child’s teacher, or with any of the advocates.
- Postage Stamps
- Phone Cards
- Bedding (twin only)
- Non-perishable food items (coffee, tea, tuna fish, peanut butter, soup, etc.)
- Kitchen items (paring knives, spatulas & other kitchen utensils, pots & pans with lids; dish towels & dish cloths; dish detergent)
- Towels, hand towels & wash cloths
- Laundry detergent & dryer sheets
- Warm socks & gloves
- Toiletries: deodorant & razors
- Rubbermaid/plastic containers
- Bus Tokens
Due to NYS Department of Health regulations we can only accept the following in brand NEW condition:
- Bathing Suits
- Booster Seats
- Car Seats
- High Chairs
- NO over-the-counter medications
Due to limited storage space, please call to see if the following items are needed:
- Household items (working condition)
May be deposited in the Blue Collection Box located in our parking lot
Please keep in mind that women will be using the clothing for job interviews. Clothing should be clean and suitable for professional job interviews and employment.
YWCA NorthEastern NY once again thanks you for your generosity.
Please do not leave donations outside our building – the disposal costs are very high.