2023 Nomination Form
Interested in sponsoring this event?
Click here for more information.
2023 Empowerment Awards Nomination Form
Nominations for the 40th Annual Empowerment Awards are now closed. Awardees are expected to be announced by December 9th, 2022. Stay tuned!
The awardees will be recognized at the 40th Annual Empowerment Awards Dinner on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at the Rivers Casino & Resort Event Center in Schenectady, NY from 6pm to 9pm.
2023 Award Categories
- James Addison Good Neighbor Award – A community member whose mission has been to support, improve, or change their community for the better. A community role model who centers themselves and their work on the greater good, dedicated to implementing change.
- Advocacy Award – A community member who demonstrates exemplary work in a capacity supporting the empowerment of women and/or the elimination of racism or a cause closely aligned.
- Social Justice Award – A community member who demonstrates exemplary work in a capacity that promotes peace, justice, and freedom for all.
- Katherine S. Rozendaal Volunteer Award – Celebrate a community member who has donated their time to make a tremendous impact.
- Susan Rosenthal Women in Business Award – A business leader who has demonstrated business success, supporting other businesswomen, and is living out their mission.
- Empowerment Award – An outstanding individual who has used their work, time, and talent to lift others up to live their mission.
- Youth Empowerment Award – An outstanding individual who has worked to support and/or advance young people in our community.
- Arts & Culture Award – Nominate a community member or group whose artistry embodies YWCA’s mission or who uses their artist to embody the mission of working to empower women and eliminate racism.
- Young Excellence Award – A young community member (21 and under) who everyone should watch out for as they are preparing to take over the world.