YWCA NorthEastern NY is participating in the 2018 Allstate Foundation’s Purple Purse Challenge.
When is the challange?
The challenge begins at 12PM ET on Tuesday, October 2 and runs through 1:59:59PM ET on Wednesday, October 31.
Why the Purple Purse Challenge?
Financial literacy, education and tools are a core need for victims of domestic violence to leave their abuser and remain free from dependence on them. Imagine being dependent on someone else for your well-being, not because you can’t work but because your partner harasses you at work and gets you fired. Perhaps you work, but your partner takes your money and gives you an allowance which isn’t even enough to get your essential needs or to fill the cupboards. You feel shame and embarrassed to ask for more because your partner makes you feel like you don’t know how to manage money. By donating right now, you will help women get the financial services they need to feel confident that they too can live a financially sustainable life independent from their abuser. Click the image to the right to read about true success stories from the YWCA Economic Solutions (YES) program.
Here are several ways you can help:
- Donate through our CrowdRise Page! The link will be live beginning October 2. The link is below. Can we beat last year?
- Purchase raffle tickets to win the 2018 Purple Backpack that was designed by Serena Williams. Tickets are $5 each. If you buy 5 chances, you will get a Purple Purse Charm for free* (*while supplies last).
- Purchase a Purple Purse Charm for only $5.
- Attend our Dining to Donate event at the Recovery Sports Grill in Rotterdam, NY on Thursday, October 11, 2018. More information can be found by clicking on this link.
- Share this information with your friends and family!